Commitments and Contingencies
|9 Months Ended|
Sep. 30, 2019
|Commitments and Contingencies Disclosure [Abstract]|
|Commitments and Contingencies||
11. COMMITMENTS AND CONTINGENCIES
During the third quarter of 2019, the Company filed its Federal corporate income tax returns for the years ended December 31, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. The Company has sustained losses for the years ended December 31, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. The Company has determined that no tax liability, other than required minimums and related interest and penalties, has been incurred. The Company expects to be current with its state and local tax filings in the first calendar quarter of 2020.
LITIGATION AND DISPUTES
In July 2017, the Company was served with a complaint by Zwick and Banyai PLLC and Jack Zwick for breach of a written agreement and unjust enrichment for failure to pay invoices in the aggregate amount of $53,069 for services rendered, plus interest and costs. The plaintiffs’ complaint was subsequently amended in February 2018. In June 2018, the court denied the Company’s motion to dismiss the amended complaint, although the plaintiffs voluntarily withdrew certain counts in the amended complaint. In July 2018, the Company filed its answer and affirmative defense to the amended complaint denying liability. As of October 26, 2018, the Company updated its affirmative defenses in its answer and the parties are proceeding with discovery. The Company intends to continue to defend this case vigorously.
From time to time, the Company is a defendant or plaintiff in various legal actions that arise in the normal course of business.
350 Green, LLC
350 Green lawsuits relate solely to alleged pre-acquisition unpaid debts of 350 Green. There are other unpaid creditors that claim to be owed certain amounts for pre-acquisition work done on behalf of 350 Green solely, that potentially could file lawsuits at some point in the future.
On March 26, 2018, final judgment has been reached relating to the Assignment for the Benefit of the Creditors, whereby all remaining assets of 350 Green are abandoned to their respective property owners where the charging stations have been installed. On March 26, 2018, the assignment proceeding has closed. Concurrent with the closing of the Company’s February 2018 public offering, the Company was to pay the former principals of 350 Green LLC $25,000 in installment debt and $50,000 within 60 days thereafter in settlement of a $360,000 debt (inclusive of imputed interest) and the return of 8,065 shares of the Company’s common stock by the former principals of 350 Green LLC, in accordance with a Settlement Agreement between the parties dated August 21, 2015.
On December 31, 2018, the Company entered into a modification of the Settlement Agreement and Mutual Release dated August 21, 2015 with the former members of 350 Green LLC whereby the members would return to the Company 8,064 shares of common stock and would also cancel the outstanding note (“Note”) issued to the members with a balance of $360,000, both, initially issued in conjunction with the acquisition of 350 Green LLC, in exchange for $50,000. The Company paid the $50,000 as of December 31, 2018. The Note and common shares were returned and canceled in January 2019. The Company recorded a gain of approximately $310,000 during the first quarter of 2019 which was included in other income and expense on the condensed consolidated statement of operations.
The Company and a group of three Cyprus entities entered into a shareholders’ agreement on February 11, 2019, pertaining to the parties’ respective shareholdings in a new Joint Venture Entity, Blink Charging Europe Ltd. (the “Entity”) that was formed under the laws of Cyprus on the same date. The Company owns 40% of the Entity while the other three entities own 60% in total. The entity currently has no operations. There are currently no plans for the Company to make any capital contributions or investments.
The entire disclosure for commitments and contingencies.
Reference 1: http://fasb.org/us-gaap/role/ref/legacyRef