THIS NOTE HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR UNDER THE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY STATE OR OTHER JURISDICTION (TOGETHER, THE “SECURITIES LAWS”) AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED FOR SALE, SOLD OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED OR ENCUMBERED IN THE ABSENCE OF COMPLIANCE WITH SUCH SECURITIES LAWS AND UNTIL THE COMPANY SHALL HAVE RECEIVED FROM COUNSEL ACCEPTABLE TO IT A WRITTEN OPINION REASONABLY SATISFACTORY TO IT THAT THE PROPOSED DISPOSITION WILL NOT VIOLATE ANY APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAWS.
SENIOR PROMISSORY NOTE
AND SECURITY AGREEMENT
| Miami, Florida
| September 23, 2011
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the undersigned CAR CHARGING GROUP, INC., a Nevada corporation (the “Company” or “Maker”), promise(s) to pay to the order of Nathan Low (the “Holder”), at such place as may be designated in writing by the Holder, the principal sum of ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($100,000.00), with interest thereon at the rate per annum (based on a 365-day year and charged on the basis of actual days elapsed) equal to 10%. All sums owing hereunder are payable in lawful money of the United States of America, in immediately available funds. In no event will the rate of interest payable hereunder exceed the maximum rate permitted by law.
1. The outstanding principal balance of this Note (this “Note”), together with all accrued and unpaid interest, shall be due and payable on the six (6) month anniversary of the date of this Note (the “Maturity Date”).
2. Simultaneously with the execution of this Note, the Company shall issue to Holder (i) 5,000 shares of restricted Common Stock, $0.001 par value and (ii) a Common Stock Purchase Warrant (“Warrant”), in the form attached hereto as Exhibit A, evidencing Holder’s right to purchase One Hundred Thousand (100,000) shares of Common Stock of the Company. Pursuant to the terms of the Warrant, Holder shall have the right to exercise the Warrants at any time within seven (7) years of the date of this Note at a purchase price of $3.00 per share.
3. The outstanding principal balance and all accrued interest payable to the Holder hereunder may be prepaid at any time, without penalty or premium and without the prior consent of the Holder.
4. For the purposes of this Note, each of the following events will constitute an “Event of Default” under this Note:
a. The Maker fails to make any payment of Principal on the Maturity Date;
b. The Maker institutes a proceeding seeking relief as a debtor under the United States Bankruptcy Code or any state insolvency law; or
c. An order is entered in a proceeding under the United States Bankruptcy Code or any state insolvency law declaring the Maker to be insolvent, or appointing a receiver or similar official for substantially all the Maker's properties, and either (i) the Maker consents to the entry of that order, or (ii) that order is not dismissed within 90 days.
5. At any time that an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing for a period of ten (10) Business Days from the date of such Event of Default, the Holder may declare the entire remaining balance of the principal amount hereof, together with all accrued unpaid interest hereunder, to be immediately due and payable, at which time all such principal and interest will immediately become due and payable, without demand, presentment, protest, notice of dishonor or other diligence of any kind, all of which are waived by the Maker.
6. Upon Default, the Holder of this Note may employ an attorney to enforce the Holder's rights and remedies and the maker, principal, surety, guarantor and endorsers of this Note hereby agree to pay to Holder reasonable attorneys fees, plus all other reasonable expenses incurred by the Holder in exercising any of the Holder's rights and remedies upon Default. The rights and remedies of the Holder as provided in this Note and any instrument securing this Note shall be cumulative and may be pursued singly, successively, or together against the property described herein and/or in any instrument securing this Note or any other funds, property or security held by the holder for payment or security, in the sole discretion of the holder. The failure to exercise any such right or remedy shall not be a waiver or release or such rights or remedies or the right to exercise any of them at another time.
7. The Maker hereby assigns, pledges, transfers and grants to the Holder a continuing security interest in, and a lien upon the assets set forth on Exhibit B hereto (collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Collateral”). Maker shall execute such documents as may be reasonably required by Holder to perfect its security interest in the Collateral (including, without limitation, a financing statement). This Promissory Note shall create a continuing security interest in the Collateral and shall (a) remain in full force and effect until the payment in full of amounts due hereunder, (b) be binding upon the Maker and its successors and assigns and (c) inure to the benefit of the Holder and its successors, transferees and assigns. In the Event of an uncured Default, Holder shall have all of the rights and remedies of a secured party under the Uniform Commercial Code as in effect in the State of Florida. Upon the payment in full of amounts due hereunder, the security interest granted hereby shall terminate and all rights to the Collateral shall revert to the Maker. Upon any such termination, the Holder will execute and deliver to the Maker such documents as the Maker shall reasonably request to evidence such termination.
8. All parties to this Note, including maker and any sureties, endorsers, or guarantors hereby waive protest, presentment, notice of dishonor, and notice of acceleration of maturity and agree to continue to remain bound for the payment of principal, interest and all other sums due under this Note and any instrument securing this Note notwithstanding any change or changes by way of release, surrender, exchange, modification or substitution of any security for this Note or by way of any extension or extensions of time for the payment of principal and interest; and all such parties waive all and every kind of notice of such change or changes and agree that the same may be made without notice or consent of any of them.
9. This Note shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to conflict of law principals.
10. This Note contains or expressly incorporates by reference the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the matters contemplated herein and supersedes all prior negotiations or agreements, written or oral. This Note shall not be modified except by written instrument executed by all parties. Any reference to this Note includes any amendments, renewals or extensions now or hereafter approved by the Holder and the Company in writing.
11. No recourse for the payment of any amount due under this Note, or for any claim based hereon or otherwise in respect hereof, shall be had against any member of the Maker or any incorporator, partner, shareholder, officer, member or director, as such, past, present or future, of any such member. Nothing contained in this Paragraph shall be construed to limit the exercise or enforcement, in accordance with the terms of this Note, of rights and remedies against the Maker or the Collateral in connection with the transactions contemplated hereby.
CAR CHARGING GROUP, INC.
Name: Michael D Farkas
Title: Chief Executive Officer
NEITHER THE ISSUANCE AND SALE OF THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED BY THIS WARRANT NOR THE SECURITIES INTO WHICH THESE SECURITIES ARE EXERCISABLE HAVE BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS. THE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE OFFERED FOR SALE, SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED (I) IN THE ABSENCE OF (A) AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT FOR THE SECURITIES UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR (B) AN OPINION OF COUNSEL (WHICH COUNSEL SHALL BE SELECTED BY THE HOLDER), IN A GENERALLY ACCEPTABLE FORM, THAT REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED UNDER SAID ACT OR (II) UNLESS SOLD PURSUANT TO RULE 144 OR RULE 144A UNDER SAID ACT. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE SECURITIES MAY BE PLEDGED IN CONNECTION WITH A BONA FIDE MARGIN ACCOUNT OR OTHER LOAN OR FINANCING ARRANGEMENT SECURED BY THE SECURITIES.
Right to Purchase 100,000 shares of Common Stock of Car Charging Group, Inc. (subject to adjustment as provided herein)
CLASS A COMMON STOCK PURCHASE WARRANT
|No. CA - 5
|Issue Date: September 23, 2011
CAR CHARGING GROUP, INC., a corporation organized under the laws of the State of Nevada (the “Company”), hereby certifies that, for value received, Nathan Low or his assigns (the “Holder”), is entitled, subject to the terms set forth below, to purchase from the Company at any time after the Issue Date until 5:00 p.m., E.S.T on September 22, 2018 (the “Expiration Date”), up to 100,000 fully paid and nonassessable shares of Common Stock at a per share purchase price of $3.00. The aforedescribed purchase price per share, as adjusted from time to time as herein provided, is referred to herein as the “Purchase Price.” The number and character of such shares of Common Stock and the Purchase Price are subject to adjustment as provided herein. The Company may reduce the Purchase Price for some or all of the Warrants, temporarily or permanently, provided such reduction is made as to all outstanding Warrants for all Holders of such Warrants.
As used herein the following terms, unless the context otherwise requires, have the following respective meanings:
(a) The term “Company” shall mean Car Charging Group, Inc., a Nevada corporation, and any corporation which shall succeed or assume the obligations of Car Charging Group, Inc. hereunder.
(b) The term “Common Stock” includes (i) the Company's Common Stock, $0.001 par value per share, as authorized on the date hereof, and (ii) any other securities into which or for which any of the securities described in (i) may be converted or exchanged pursuant to a plan of recapitalization, reorganization, merger, sale of assets or otherwise.
(c) The term “Other Securities” refers to any stock (other than Common Stock) and other securities of the Company or any other person (corporate or otherwise) which the holder of the Warrant at any time shall be entitled to receive, or shall have received, on the exercise of the Warrant, in lieu of or in addition to Common Stock, or which at any time shall be issuable or shall have been issued in exchange for or in replacement of Common Stock or Other Securities pursuant to Section 4 herein or otherwise.
(d) The term “Warrant Shares” shall mean the Common Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant.
1. Exercise of Warrant.
1.1. Number of Shares Issuable upon Exercise. From and after the first anniversary of the Issue Date through and including the Expiration Date, the Holder hereof shall be entitled to receive, upon exercise of this Warrant in whole in accordance with the terms of subsection 1.2 or upon exercise of this Warrant in part in accordance with subsection 1.3, shares of Common Stock of the Company, subject to adjustment pursuant to Section 4.
1.2. Full Exercise. This Warrant may be exercised in full by the Holder hereof by delivery of an original or facsimile copy of the form of subscription attached as Exhibit A hereto (the “Subscription Form”) duly executed by such Holder and delivery within two days thereafter of payment, in cash, wire transfer or by certified or official bank check payable to the order of the Company, in the amount obtained by multiplying the number of shares of Common Stock for which this Warrant is then exercisable by the Purchase Price then in effect. The original Warrant is not required to be surrendered to the Company until it has been fully exercised.
1.3. Partial Exercise. This Warrant may be exercised in part (but not for a fractional share) by delivery of a Subscription Form in the manner and at the place provided in subsection 1.2 except that the amount payable by the Holder on such partial exercise shall be the amount obtained by multiplying (a) the number of whole shares of Common Stock designated by the Holder in the Subscription Form by (b) the Purchase Price then in effect. On any such partial exercise provided the Holder has surrendered the original Warrant, the Company, at its expense, will forthwith issue and deliver to or upon the order of the Holder hereof a new Warrant of like tenor, in the name of the Holder hereof or as such Holder (upon payment by such Holder of any applicable transfer taxes) may request, the whole number of shares of Common Stock for which such Warrant may still be exercised.
1.4. Fair Market Value. Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock as of a particular date (the “Determination Date”) shall mean:
(a) If the Company's Common Stock is traded on an exchange or is quoted on the NASDAQ Global Market, NASDAQ Global Select Market, the NASDAQ Capital Market, the New York Stock Exchange or the American Stock Exchange, LLC, then the average of the closing sale prices of the Common Stock for the five (5) Trading Days immediately prior to (but not including) the Determination Date;
(b) If the Company's Common Stock is not traded on an exchange or on the NASDAQ Global Market, NASDAQ Global Select Market, the NASDAQ Capital Market, the New York Stock Exchange or the American Stock Exchange, Inc., but is traded on the OTC Bulletin Board or in the over-the-counter market or Pink Sheets, then the average of the closing bid and ask prices reported for the five (5) Trading Days immediately prior to (but not including) the Determination Date;
(c) Except as provided in clause (d) below and Section 3.1, if the Company's Common Stock is not publicly traded, then as the Holder and the Company agree, or in the absence of such an agreement, by arbitration in accordance with the rules then standing of the American Arbitration Association, before a single arbitrator to be chosen from a panel of persons qualified by education and training to pass on the matter to be decided; or
(d) If the Determination Date is the date of a liquidation, dissolution or winding up, or any event deemed to be a liquidation, dissolution or winding up pursuant to the Company's charter, then all amounts to be payable per share to holders of the Common Stock pursuant to the charter in the event of such liquidation, dissolution or winding up, plus all other amounts to be payable per share in respect of the Common Stock in liquidation under the charter, assuming for the purposes of this clause (d) that all of the shares of Common Stock then issuable upon exercise of all of the Warrants are outstanding at the Determination Date.
1.5. Company Acknowledgment. The Company will, at the time of the exercise of the Warrant, upon the request of the Holder hereof, acknowledge in writing its continuing obligation to afford to such Holder any rights to which such Holder shall continue to be entitled after such exercise in accordance with the provisions of this Warrant. If the Holder shall fail to make any such request, such failure shall not affect the continuing obligation of the Company to afford to such Holder any such rights.
1.6. Delivery of Stock Certificates, etc. on Exercise. The Company agrees that, provided the full purchase price listed in the Subscription Form is received as specified in Section 1.2, the shares of Common Stock purchased upon exercise of this Warrant shall be deemed to be issued to the Holder hereof as the record owner of such shares as of the close of business on the date on which delivery of a Subscription Form shall have occurred and payment made for such shares as aforesaid. As soon as practicable after the exercise of this Warrant in full or in part, and in any event within three (3) business days thereafter (“Warrant Share Delivery Date”), the Company at its expense (including the payment by it of any applicable issue taxes) will cause to be issued in the name of and delivered to the Holder hereof, or as such Holder (upon payment by such Holder of any applicable transfer taxes) may direct in compliance with applicable securities laws, a certificate or certificates for the number of duly and validly issued, fully paid and non-assessable shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) to which such Holder shall be entitled on such exercise, plus, in lieu of any fractional share to which such Holder would otherwise be entitled, cash equal to such fraction multiplied by the then Fair Market Value of one full share of Common Stock, together with any other stock or other securities and property (including cash, where applicable) to which such Holder is entitled upon such exercise pursuant to Section 1 or otherwise.
2. Call Conditions. Subject to the provisions of this Section 2, if at any time following the Issue Date, the closing price of the Common Stock for each of the ten (10) consecutive trading days immediately prior to delivery of a Call Notice (as defined below) is greater than 200% of the closing price per share on the Issue Date (subject to equitable adjustment as a result of stock splits, reverse stock splits or other adjustments to capitalization occurring after the Issue Date), then the Company, in its sole discretion, may elect to require the exercise of all (but not less than all) of the then unexercised portion of this Warrant, on the date (the “Call Date”) that is the fifth (5th) calendar day after written notice thereof (a “Call Notice”) is received by the Holder. The Company covenants and agrees that it will honor all Exercise Notices tendered through 5:30 P.M., New York City time, on the Call Date. For purposes of clarification, the exercise of this Warrant on a Call Date pursuant to a Call Notice (or any other exercise hereunder) shall be done only by means of a cash exercise.
3. Adjustment for Reorganization, Consolidation, Merger, etc.
3.1. Fundamental Transaction. If, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, (A) the Company effects any merger or consolidation of the Company with or into another entity, (B) the Company effects any sale of all or substantially all of its assets in one or a series of related transactions, (C) any tender offer or exchange offer (whether by the Company or another entity) is completed pursuant to which holders of Common Stock are permitted to tender or exchange their shares for other securities, cash or property, (D) the Company consummates a stock purchase agreement or other business combination (including, without limitation, a reorganization, recapitalization, or spin-off) with one or more persons or entities whereby such other persons or entities acquire more than the 50% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock (not including any shares of Common Stock held by such other persons or entities making or party to, or associated or affiliated with the other persons or entities making or party to, such stock purchase agreement or other business combination), (E) any "person" or "group" (as these terms are used for purposes of Sections 13(d) and 14(d) of the 1934 Act) is or shall become the "beneficial owner" (as defined in Rule 13d-3 under the 1934 Act), directly or indirectly, of 50% of the aggregate Common Stock of the Company, or (F) the Company effects any reclassification of the Common Stock or any compulsory share exchange pursuant to which the Common Stock is effectively converted into or exchanged for other securities, cash or property (in any such case, a “Fundamental Transaction”), then, upon any subsequent exercise of this Warrant, the Holder shall have the right to receive, for each Warrant Share that would have been issuable upon such exercise immediately prior to the occurrence of such Fundamental Transaction, at the option of the Holder, (a) upon exercise of this Warrant, the number of shares of Common Stock of the successor or acquiring corporation or of the Company, if it is the surviving corporation, and any additional consideration (the “Alternate Consideration”) receivable upon or as a result of such reorganization, reclassification, merger, consolidation or disposition of assets by a Holder of the number of shares of Common Stock for which this Warrant is exercisable immediately prior to such event or (b) if the Company is acquired in (1) a transaction where the consideration paid to the holders of the Common Stock consists solely of cash, (2) a “Rule 13e-3 transaction” as defined in Rule 13e-3 under the 1934 Act, or (3) a transaction involving a person or entity not traded on a national securities exchange, the Nasdaq Global Select Market, the Nasdaq Global Market or the Nasdaq Capital Market, cash equal to the Black-Scholes Value. For purposes of any such exercise, the determination of the Purchase Price shall be appropriately adjusted to apply to such Alternate Consideration based on the amount of Alternate Consideration issuable in respect of one share of Common Stock in such fundamental Transaction, and the Company shall apportion the Purchase Price among the Alternate Consideration in a reasonable manner reflecting the relative value of any different components of the Alternate Consideration. If holders of Common Stock are given any choice as to the securities, cash or property to be received in a Fundamental Transaction, then the Holder shall be given the same choice as to the Alternate Consideration it receives upon any exercise of this Warrant following such Fundamental Transaction. To the extent necessary to effectuate the foregoing provisions, any successor to the Company or surviving entity in such Fundamental Transaction shall issue to the Holder a new warrant consistent with the foregoing provisions and evidencing the Holder's right to exercise such warrant into Alternate Consideration. The terms of any agreement pursuant to which a Fundamental Transaction is effected shall include terms requiring any such successor or surviving entity to comply with the provisions of this Section 3.1 and insuring that this Warrant (or any such replacement security) will be similarly adjusted upon any subsequent transaction analogous to a Fundamental Transaction. “Black-Scholes Value” shall be determined in accordance with the Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model obtained from the “OV” function on Bloomberg L.P. using (i) a price per share of Common Stock equal to the VWAP of the Common Stock for the Trading Day immediately preceding the date of consummation of the applicable Fundamental Transaction, (ii) a risk-free interest rate corresponding to the U.S. Treasury rate for a period equal to the remaining term of this Warrant as of the date of such request and (iii) an expected volatility equal to the 100 day volatility obtained from the HVT function on Bloomberg L.P. determined as of the Trading Day immediately following the public announcement of the applicable Fundamental Transaction.
3.2. Continuation of Terms. Upon any reorganization, consolidation, merger or transfer (and any dissolution following any transfer) referred to in this Section 3, this Warrant shall continue in full force and effect and the terms hereof shall be applicable to the Other Securities and property receivable on the exercise of this Warrant after the consummation of such reorganization, consolidation or merger or the effective date of dissolution following any such transfer, as the case may be, and shall be binding upon the issuer of any Other Securities, including, in the case of any such transfer, the person acquiring all or substantially all of the properties or assets of the Company, whether or not such person shall have expressly assumed the terms of this Warrant as provided in Section 4. In the event this Warrant does not continue in full force and effect after the consummation of the transaction described in this Section 3, then only in such event will the Company's securities and property (including cash, where applicable) receivable by the Holder of the Warrants be delivered to the Trustee as contemplated by Section 3.2.
3.3 Share Issuance. Until the Expiration Date, if the Company shall issue any Common Stock except for the Excepted Issuances (as defined below), prior to the complete exercise of this Warrant for a consideration less than the Purchase Price that would be in effect at the time of such issuance, then, and thereafter successively upon each such issuance, the Purchase Price shall be reduced to such other lower price for then outstanding Warrants. For purposes of this adjustment, the issuance of any security or debt instrument of the Company carrying the right to convert such security or debt instrument into Common Stock or of any warrant, right or option to purchase Common Stock shall result in an adjustment to the Purchase Price upon the issuance of the above-described security, debt instrument, warrant, right or option if such issuance is at a price lower than the Purchase Price in effect upon such issuance and again at any time upon any subsequent issuances of shares of Common Stock upon exercise of such conversion or purchase rights if such issuance is at a price lower than the Purchase Price in effect upon such issuance. Common Stock issued or issuable by the Company for no consideration will be deemed issuable or to have been issued for $0.001 per share of Common Stock. Upon any reduction of the Purchase Price, the number of shares of Common Stock that the Holder of this Warrant shall thereafter, on the exercise hereof, be entitled to receive shall be adjusted to a number determined by multiplying the number of shares of Common Stock that would otherwise (but for the provisions of this Section 3.3) be issuable on such exercise by a fraction of which (a) the numerator is the Purchase Price that would otherwise (but for the provisions of this Section 3.3) be in effect, and (b) the denominator is the Purchase Price in effect on the date of such exercise.
3.3.1 Excepted Issuance. For purposes of this Warrant, the term “Excepted Issuance” includes: (i) issuances of Common Stock or options to employees, officers or directors of the Company pursuant to any stock or option plan duly adopted for such purpose by a majority of the non-employee directors established for such purpose, (ii) transactions with strategic industry or operating partners of the Company involving the issuance of Common Stock or securities convertible into Common Stock, or upon the exercise of warrants related to the deal terms of the foregoing or (iii) issuance of restricted stock, stock options or warrants to employees, officers or directors pursuant to compensation arrangements approved by the Company’s Board of Directors.
4. Extraordinary Events Regarding Common Stock. In the event that the Company shall (a) subdivide its outstanding shares of Common Stock or (b) combine its outstanding shares of the Common Stock into a smaller number of shares of the Common Stock, then, in each such event, the Purchase Price shall, simultaneously with the happening of such event, be adjusted by multiplying the then Purchase Price by a fraction, the numerator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately prior to such event and the denominator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event, and the product so obtained shall thereafter be the Purchase Price then in effect. The Purchase Price, as so adjusted, shall be readjusted in the same manner upon the happening of any successive event or events described herein in this Section 4. The number of shares of Common Stock that the Holder of this Warrant shall thereafter, on the exercise hereof, be entitled to receive shall be adjusted to a number determined by multiplying the number of shares of Common Stock that would otherwise (but for the provisions of this Section 4) be issuable on such exercise by a fraction of which (a) the numerator is the Purchase Price that would otherwise (but for the provisions of this Section 4) be in effect, and (b) the denominator is the Purchase Price in effect on the date of such exercise.
5. Certificate as to Adjustments. In each case of any adjustment or readjustment in the shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) issuable on the exercise of the Warrants, the Company at its expense will promptly cause its Chief Financial Officer or other appropriate designee to compute such adjustment or readjustment in accordance with the terms of the Warrant and prepare a certificate setting forth such adjustment or readjustment and showing in detail the facts upon which such adjustment or readjustment is based, including a statement of (a) the consideration received or receivable by the Company for any additional shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) issued or sold or deemed to have been issued or sold, (b) the number of shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) outstanding or deemed to be outstanding, and (c) the Purchase Price and the number of shares of Common Stock to be received upon exercise of this Warrant, in effect immediately prior to such adjustment or readjustment and as adjusted or readjusted as provided in this Warrant. The Company will forthwith mail a copy of each such certificate to the Holder of the Warrant and any Warrant Agent of the Company (appointed pursuant to Section 10 hereof).
6. Reservation of Stock, etc. Issuable on Exercise of Warrant; Financial Statements. The Company will at all times reserve and keep available, solely for issuance and delivery on the exercise of the Warrants, all shares of Common Stock (or Other Securities) from time to time issuable on the exercise of the Warrant.
7. Assignment; Exchange of Warrant. Subject to compliance with applicable securities laws, this Warrant, and the rights evidenced hereby, may be transferred by any registered holder hereof (a “Transferor”). On the surrender for exchange of this Warrant, with the Transferor's endorsement in the form of Exhibit B attached hereto (the “Transferor Endorsement Form”) and together with an opinion of counsel reasonably satisfactory to the Company that the transfer of this Warrant will be in compliance with applicable securities laws, the Company will issue and deliver to or on the order of the Transferor thereof a new Warrant or Warrants of like tenor, in the name of the Transferor and/or the transferee(s) specified in such Transferor Endorsement Form (each a “Transferee”), calling in the aggregate on the face or faces thereof for the number of shares of Common Stock called for on the face or faces of the Warrant so surrendered by the Transferor.
8. Replacement of Warrant. On receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant and, in the case of any such loss, theft or destruction of this Warrant, on delivery of an indemnity agreement or security reasonably satisfactory in form and amount to the Company or, in the case of any such mutilation, on surrender and cancellation of this Warrant, the Company at its expense, twice only, will execute and deliver, in lieu thereof, a new Warrant of like tenor.
9. Maximum Exercise. The Holder shall not be entitled to exercise this Warrant on an exercise date, in connection with that number of shares of Common Stock which would be in excess of the sum of (i) the number of shares of Common Stock beneficially owned by the Holder and its affiliates on an exercise date, and (ii) the number of shares of Common Stock issuable upon the exercise of this Warrant with respect to which the determination of this limitation is being made on an exercise date, which would result in beneficial ownership by the Holder and its affiliates of more than 4.99% of the outstanding shares of Common Stock on such date. For the purposes of the immediately preceding sentence, beneficial ownership shall be determined in accordance with Section 13(d) of the 1934 Act and Rule 13d-3 thereunder. Subject to the foregoing, the Holder shall not be limited to aggregate exercises which would result in the issuance of more than 4.99%. The restriction described in this paragraph may be waived, in whole or in part, upon sixty-one (61) days prior notice from the Holder to the Company to increase such percentage to up to 9.99%, but not in excess of 9.99%. The Holder may decide whether to convert a Convertible Note or exercise this Warrant to achieve an actual 4.99% or up to 9.99% ownership position as described above, but not in excess of 9.99%.
10. Warrant Agent. The Company may, by written notice to the Holder of the Warrant, appoint an agent (a “Warrant Agent”) for the purpose of issuing Common Stock (or Other Securities) on the exercise of this Warrant pursuant to Section 1, exchanging this Warrant pursuant to Section 7, and replacing this Warrant pursuant to Section 8, or any of the foregoing, and thereafter any such issuance, exchange or replacement, as the case may be, shall be made at such office by such Warrant Agent.
11. Transfer on the Company's Books. Until this Warrant is transferred on the books of the Company, the Company may treat the registered holder hereof as the absolute owner hereof for all purposes, notwithstanding any notice to the contrary.
12. Notices. All notices, demands, requests, consents, approvals, and other communications required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and, unless otherwise specified herein, shall be (i) personally served, (ii) deposited in the mail, registered or certified, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, (iii) delivered by reputable air courier service with charges prepaid, or (iv) transmitted by hand delivery, telegram, or facsimile, addressed as set forth below or to such other address as such party shall have specified most recently by written notice. Any notice or other communication required or permitted to be given hereunder shall be deemed effective (a) upon hand delivery or delivery by facsimile, with accurate confirmation generated by the transmitting facsimile machine, at the address or number designated below (if delivered on a business day during normal business hours where such notice is to be received), or the first business day following such delivery (if delivered other than on a business day during normal business hours where such notice is to be received) or (b) on the second business day following the date of mailing by express courier service, fully prepaid, addressed to such address, or upon actual receipt of such mailing, whichever shall first occur. The addresses for such communications shall be:
If to the Company, to:
Car Charging Group, Inc.
1691 Michigan Avenue, Suite 601, Miami Beach, Florida 33139
With a copy by fax only to (which copy shall not constitute notice):
Anslow & Jaclin LLP
Attn: Gregg E. Jaclin, Esq.
195 Route 9 South, Suite 204, Manalapan, NJ 07726
facsimile: (732) 577-1188
If to the Holder:
13. Law Governing This Warrant. This Warrant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. Any action brought by either party against the other concerning the transactions contemplated by this Warrant shall be brought only in the state courts of Florida or in the federal courts located in the state and county of Florida. The parties to this Warrant hereby irrevocably waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue of any action instituted hereunder and shall not assert any defense based on lack of jurisdiction or venue or based upon forum non conveniens. The Company and Holder waive trial by jury. The prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorney's fees and costs. In the event that any provision of this Warrant or any other agreement delivered in connection herewith is invalid or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law, then such provision shall be deemed inoperative to the extent that it may conflict therewith and shall be deemed modified to conform with such statute or rule of law. Any such provision which may prove invalid or unenforceable under any law shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of any agreement. Each party hereby irrevocably waives personal service of process and consents to process being served in any suit, action or proceeding in connection with this Agreement or any other Transaction Document by mailing a copy thereof via registered or certified mail or overnight delivery (with evidence of delivery) to such party at the address in effect for notices to it under this Agreement and agrees that such service shall constitute good and sufficient service of process and notice thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to limit in any way any right to serve process in any other manner permitted by law.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has executed this Warrant as of the date first written above.
CAR CHARGING GROUP, INC.
Michael D. Farkas, Chief Executive Officer
FORM OF SUBSCRIPTION
(to be signed only on exercise of Warrant)
TO: CAR CHARGING GROUP, INC.
The undersigned, pursuant to the provisions set forth in the attached Warrant (No.____), hereby irrevocably elects to purchase ________ shares of the Common Stock covered by such Warrant.
The undersigned herewith makes payment of the full purchase price for such shares at the price per share provided for in such Warrant, which is $___________. Such payment takes the form of$__________ in lawful money of the United States.
The undersigned requests that the certificates for such shares be issued in the name of, and delivered to _____________________________________________________ whose address is
The undersigned represents and warrants that all offers and sales by the undersigned of the securities issuable upon exercise of the within Warrant shall be made pursuant to registration of the Common Stock under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), or pursuant to an exemption from registration under the Securities Act.
(Signature must conform to name of holder as specified on the face of the Warrant)
FORM OF TRANSFEROR ENDORSEMENT
(To be signed only on transfer of Warrant)
For value received, the undersigned hereby sells, assigns, and transfers unto the person(s) named below under the heading "Transferees" the right represented by the within Warrant to purchase the percentage and number of shares of Common Stock of CAR CHARGING GROUP, INC., to which the within Warrant relates specified under the headings "Percentage Transferred" and "Number Transferred," respectively, opposite the name(s) of such person(s) and appoints each such person Attorney to transfer its respective right on the books of CAR CHARGING GROUP, INC. with full power of substitution in the premises.
Dated: ______________, ___________
Signed in the presence of:
ACCEPTED AND AGREED:
(Signature must conform to name of holder as specified on the face of the warrant)
Description of Collateral
All of the Company's accounts, proceeds from accounts, contract rights, instruments, documents, chattel paper, copyrights, patents, computer codes, software, trademarks, other intellectual property rights, any property rights not specifically set forth herein which may be specific to the business of the company, and general intangibles, as such terms are defined in the Uniform Commercial Code, as enacted in the State of Florida ("UCC"); (b) all forms of obligations owing to the Company, including but not limited to all tax refunds and tax refund claims, letters of credit and all proceeds thereof; (c) all guarantees, security, and liens which the Company may hold for the payment or performance of any item of property (including, without limitation, all rights of stoppage in transit, replevin, and reclamation and as an unpaid vendor or lienor); (d) all rights to goods represented by any item of property or the sale of which goods gave rise to any item of property including, without limitation, all rights upon return, replevin, or repossession of such goods, all documents of title, warehouse receipts, bills of lading, books, records and other documents relating to any of the property; (e) the Company's goodwill; (f) all books, records, and lists, in whatever form maintained; (g) all the Company's inventory, wherever located, whether in the Company's or some other person's possession, including, without limitation, all raw materials, supplies work in process, and finished products manufactured by and/or held for sale or lease or to be furnished in connection with the Company's business, as well as any and all computer code, software, software products, or databases; (h) all equipment (as defined in the UCC), whether in the Company's or some other person's possession, including, without limitation, all machinery, accessories, motors, controls, engines, dies, tools, jigs, benches, tables, computers and data fixtures, and all substitutions, accretions, replacements, and additions thereto and all other component and auxiliary parts used in connection therewith or attached thereto; (I) all rights to goods and/or all forms of obligations owing to the Company with respect to any parking lot agreements and all proceeds thereof; (J) any other property of the Company of any kind or nature coming into Company’s actual or constructive possession, custody or control, or in transit to the Company or its agent for whatever purpose, and all proceeds of any item of property and all proceeds of such proceeds, including, without limitation, all payments under any indemnity, warrant or guaranty payable with respect to the property, all awards for taking by eminent domain, and all proceeds of fire or other insurance.