Annual report pursuant to Section 13 and 15(d)


12 Months Ended
Dec. 31, 2021
Related Party Transactions [Abstract]  





The Company and a group of three Cyprus entities entered into a shareholders’ agreement on February 11, 2019, pertaining to the parties’ respective shareholdings in a new joint venture entity, Blink Charging Europe Ltd. (the “Entity”), that was formed under the laws of Cyprus on the same date. Pursuant to the agreement, the Company is not required to fund operating losses. The Company owns 40% of the Entity while the other three entities own 60% of the Entity. The Entity currently owns 100% of a Greek subsidiary, Blink Charging Hellas SA (“Hellas”), which started operations in the Greek EV market. There are currently no plans for the Company to make any capital contributions or investments. During year ended December 31, 2021, 2020, 2019, the Company recognized sales of $811, $273 and $42, respectively, to Hellas. As of December 31, 2021 and 2020 the Company had a receivable from Hellas of approximately $6 and $0, respectively. The Company determined that the Entity is a variable interest entity, however, the Company does not have a controlling financial interest and, as a result, the Company is not required to consolidate the Entity and instead has applied equity method accounting to its investment in the Entity. From inception through December 31,2021, the Entity has not generated net income and, as a result, pursuant to ASC 323, the Company has not recorded a gain or loss on its equity method investment in the Entity during the years ended December 31, 2021, 2020, and 2019.




As of December 31, 2021, three senior management employees in the recently acquired entity Blue Corner had an ownership interest in a major supplier of charging equipment for Blue Corner. As of December 31, 2021, the Company owed approximately $800 to this supplier. During the year ended December 31, 2021 the Company purchased approximately $3,604 of inventory from this supplier.