Annual report pursuant to Section 13 and 15(d)


12 Months Ended
Dec. 31, 2023
Related Party Transactions [Abstract]  





The Company and a group of three Cyprus entities entered into a shareholders’ agreement on February 11, 2019, pertaining to the parties’ respective shareholdings in a new joint venture entity, Blink Charging Europe Ltd. (the “Entity”), that was formed under the laws of Cyprus on the same date. The Company owns 40% of the Entity while the other three parties own 60% of the Entity. Subsequently, two of the three other parties exited the joint venture and the remaining other party acquired the ownership of the exiting parties. The Entity currently owns 100% of a Greek subsidiary, Blink Charging Hellas SA (“Hellas”), which operates in the electric vehicle market in Greece. The obligation to fund the future operations of the Entity is limited to the Company’s 40% ownership. The Company did not record sales to Hellas during the years ended December 31, 2023 and 2022. During the year ended December 31, 2021, the Company recognized sales of $811 to Hellas. As of December 31, 2023 and December 31,2022 the Company had a payable of approximately $114 and $84, respectively, to Hellas. In addition, the Company has provided working capital of $177 and $0 as of December 31, 2023 and December 31, 2022, respectively, in Hellas. The Company has written off this working capital contribution, since Company’s proportion of Hellas’s net losses exceed the working capital contribution.


The Company determined that the Entity is a variable interest entity; however, the Company does not have a controlling financial interest and, as a result, the Company is not required to consolidate the Entity and instead has applied equity method accounting to its investment in the Entity. From inception through December 31, 2023, the Entity has not generated net income and, as a result, pursuant to ASC 323, the Company has not recorded a gain or loss on its equity method investment in the Entity during the years ended December 31, 2023, 2022, and 2021.




As of December 31, 2021, the Company owed approximately $800 to this supplier. As of December 31, 2022, this related party relationship does not exist since, as of December 31, 2022, those senior management employees are no longer with Blue Corner. During the year ended December 31, 2022, the Company made purchases of $1,444 with these related parties.




As of December 31, 2023, several close family members of a senior management employee are providing services to Electric Blue Limited. For the years ended December 31, 2023 and 2022, these related parties have collectively provided services worth $359 and $95 respectively, to Electric Blue Limited. Furthermore, as of December 31, 2023, there were purchase commitments of $198 to the same related parties.





Notes to Consolidated Financial Statements

(in thousands, except for share and per share amounts)